It is important to know what your dog can and cannot eat as a dog owner. Nerds can be a better candy, as you can eat them anywhere and share them with your friends and family. But can your pet dog eat nerds? This article will tell you everything you need to know about nerds and their effects on dogs.
What Are Nerds?
Nerds are a type of candy that typically consists of small, round, hard pieces of confectionery coated in sugar. They are small, chewable, sugar-coated candy pieces which come in a variety of flavors. The original nerds are sometimes called “original flavor” nerds.
Nerds are known to come in a variety of different flavors, colors, and shapes. Some of the most common colors are orange, grape, strawberry, cherry, lime green, blue raspberry, and lemon lime.
They were introduced more than 30 years ago by the now-defunct company, Sunkist. Wonka has since taken over the manufacturing of these treats, although they have remained virtually unchanged in their original form.
Are Nerds Bad For Dogs?
Nerds are not good for consumption in dogs. The problem with any type of processed food, is that it does not provide for the needs of a dog’s body, specifically their digestive system. Dogs are carnivores, but this doesn’t mean that they should only eat meat. They also need to have a diet that is high in protein, but also has fibre to help them digest.
Nerds are high in sugar and carbohydrates, which is not what a dog’s body needs. Sugar can cause dental problems and obesity.
Can Puppies Eat Nerds?
No, puppies can not eat nerds. Ingestion of this sugary candy can lead to pancreatitis, vomiting and diarrhea.
What To Do If Your Dog Eats Nerds?
If your dog ate nerds candy, you should consult with a vet to ensure they are healthy. They will most likely recommend an examination and blood work to determine whether your pup will need any other treatments. Your dog should be monitored closely to ensure you are aware of any serious symptoms.
Nerds may lack nutritional value due to their reliance on junk food, but do provide an easy treat for our omnivorous friends. However, it’s important to avoid feeding them large quantities of food because it can lead to pancreatitis in dogs which can be extremely painful.